Race Organizer Checklist
Here is a helpful checklist to assist in planning your road race.
- Select your date from the available road race dates
- Submit your request to the Carolina Union via 25Live
- Determine your starting line (Campus Y Courtyard or Bynum Circle) and contact the facility manager - see contacts in Resources.
- Name your event and design your logo □Establish a registration price and build your budget
- Familiarize yourself with the course and event footprint
- Draft your event timeline
- Notify city officials and obtain any permits/approvals, see contacts in Resources.
- Schedule rentals (if applicable)
- Obtain liability insurance
- Consult with UNC Environment, Health, and Safety
- Confirm EMS has been notified of your road race
- Conduct risk assessment
- Hire a race timer (if needed)
- Order race supplies
- Promote the event
Sharing and printing options: